How to Ensure a Smooth Recovery
As a resident of the St. Petersburg, Florida, you have access to a world-class clinic that provides treatment for any type of cataract—St. Michael’s Eye & Laser Institute. We are a family-owned and -operated vision center that has performed thousands of successful cataract surgeries on patients since our founding in 1961. of any age.
While a cataract operation is a relatively painless procedure that takes an hour or less to perform, you will need to take steps to ensure a smooth recovery. After the procedure, you will need to protect your eye according to your doctor’s instructions for up to a week. Some patients may develop red and bloodshot eyes because of temporary damage to blood vessels, but as your eye heals, the redness should dissipate. Typically, it takes about a month for your eye to fully heal. Also:
- Don’t rub your eye after the procedure.
- Avoid strenuous activity for a few weeks.
- If at all possible, don’t sneeze right after surgery.
- To reduce the risk of infection, avoid swimming or using a hot tub during the first week after surgery.
- Don’t expose your eye to irritants such as dust, dirt, wind and pollen during the first few weeks of your recovery.
Cataract Diagnosis and Treatment
St. Michael’s Eye & Laser Institute is committed to providing St. Petersburg, FL, residents with personalized medical attention. We will treat you with warmth and respect from the moment you enter our facility, and after your cataract surgery, you can trust that we will follow up with you to ensure that you’re doing well. If you’re concerned that you may have a cataract and would like a proper diagnosis, contact us today to schedule an appointment.